2020 Land Rover Velar Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Range Rover Velar
- Starting at $56,300 MSRP*
- Choice of a 2.0L Turbocharged Gas Inline 4-Cylinder with 247 horsepower, 3.0L Supercharged Gas V6 with 340 horsepower, 3.0L Supercharged Gas V6 with 380 horsepower, or 5.0-liter Supercharged Gas V8 with 550 horsepower
- Your choice of Luxtec/suedecloth, perforated grained leather, perforated Windsor leather, or premium textile/suedecloth interior upholstery
- Standard powered gesture tailgate/trunk lid
- Smartphone Package (including InControl Apps, Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®), Navigation Pro, and Pro Services with Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Available Park Package consisting of Park Assist, 360º Parking Aid, and Rear Traffic Monitor
- Premium LED headlights with signature Daytime Running Lights and Automatic High Beam Assist
- Optional Electronic Air Suspension and Adaptive Dynamics
About the 2020 Range Rover Velar
Positioned between the Range Rover Evoque and Range Rover Sport, the Range Rover Velar takes modernity, glamour, and elegance to elevated new heights. Staying true to the legendary off-road reputation of Range Rover, the Velar is powered by your choice of new lightweight aluminum 4-cylinder or powerful V6 engines paired with an advanced 8-speed automatic transmission. Signature design cues found on the exterior include flush deployable door handles, an integrated rear spoiler, and a foil-stamped front grille. An Electronic Air Suspension enables automatic access height for elegant entry and the powered gesture tailgate allows simple loading with hands-free access. Inside the cabin, both drivers and passengers will discover distinctive interior ambiance through optional reclining rear seats, four-zone climate control, and two optional 8-inch Rear Seat Entertainment screens.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2020
Although it returns relatively unchanged for the new model year, the Range Rover Velar gets an exciting addition to its model lineup for 2020. Delivering ultimate exclusivity and opulence, the Velar SVAutobiography Dynamic launches with a pulse-pounding 550-horsepower Supercharged V8 engine in addition to an extensive list of exclusive exterior and interior design features.
2020 Range Rover Velar Features
From crisp acceleration to impressive fuel economy, the Range Rover Velar delivers it all through your choice of aluminum 4-cylinder and powerful 6 engine options. The specialized Intelligent Driveline Dynamics technology constantly monitors the conditions to deliver an appropriate level of torque depending on the terrain. Optional Configurable Dynamics allows drivers to choose specific chassis settings in order to prioritize comfort or the vehicle’s performance via transmission mapping, steering, and throttle inputs. Standard All Wheel Drive (AWD) gives you confidence and stability across the entire spectrum of road conditions. A sure-footed, composed drive is a result of the latest Electronic Air Suspension found on the Range Rover Velar. An Active Rear Locking Differential ensures that no obstacle will stand between you and your next adventure.
Intelligent, sophisticated, and progressive are three adjectives to describe the exquisite exterior design of the Range Rover Velar. With an instantly-recognizable Range Rover lineage, the Velar wears beautifully-balanced and optimized exterior proportions. The commanding front fascia cascades across a continuous waistline until it culminates in a taut, tapered rear end. Flawlessly integrated deployable flush door handles contribute the the aerodynamic profile of the Velar. Available 22-inch alloy wheels enhance its already striking character lines. You’ll leave a memorable impression as you pull away thanks to quad tail light signature elements within a full-width graphic incorporating the iconic Range Rover script.
Elegant simplicity is the hallmark of the interior of the Range Rover Velar. Two seamlessly integrated 10-inch Touchscreens, and minimalist controls as standard, provide easy access to the latest advanced technology. Premium materials include supple leathers or premium textile and suede cloth which can be specified for seats, steering wheel, and accents throughout the cabin. Available Configurable Ambient Lighting gives you a selection of 10 colors to help personalize the mood inside the cabin. The renowned Sports Command Driving Position is designed to enable you to see further down the road and view your surroundings
with greater clarity.
Unique to Range Rover, the InControl infotainment system’s Touch Pro Duo not only looks like no other, but it also performs like no other. With standard dual 10-inch high-definition touchscreen displays, you can use the navigation system in the upper screen while playing media on the lower screen. R-Dynamic SE and HSE models feature a 12.3-inch high-definition Interactive Driver Display that can receive and project a vast amount of driving information, entertainment, and data. An optional Head-Up Display reduces distraction by helping you keep your eyes on the road ahead. Even those riding in the back will stay free from boredom thanks to an optional Rear Seat Entertainment system with twin 8-inch screens integrated into the front headrests. Standard driver-assistive safety features designed to keep you protected include emergency braking, a rear camera, driver condition monitor, lane keep assist, along with front and rear parking sensors.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $56,300 MSRP*
- Navigation Pro with Pro Services
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
- 10-way seats with driver memory with Ebony perforated grained leather
- Meridian™ Sound System (11 Speakers 380W)
- 19-inch 5 spoke ‘Style 5046’ alloy wheels
Velar R-Dynamic S
- Starting at $58,500 MSRP*
- Available 3.0 liter V6 380-Horsepower Supercharged Gas Engine
- Perforated Grained Leather Seats with Suedecloth Bolsters
- Park Package featuring Park Assist, 360° Parking Aid, and Rear Traffic Monitor
- Interactive Driver Display
- Premium LED headlights with signature DRL
Velar R-Dynamic HSE
- Starting at $75,300 MSRP*
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist and Intelligent Emergency Braking
- Meridian™ Surround Sound System (17 Speakers including subwoofer 825W)
- 20–way driver/passenger seats with memory, massage and front heated/cooled seats
- 21-inch 10 spoke ‘Style 1033’ wheels with Satin Dark Grey finish
- Traffic Sign Recognition and Adaptive Speed Limiter
Velar SVAutobiography Dynamic Edition
- Starting at $90,790 MSRP*
- SVAutobiography Diamond Quilted Perforated Windsor Leather 20-way Seats with Driver/Passenger Memory, Massage and Heated/Cooled Front (including Rear Armrest and Power Recline)
- Active Sports Exhaust System
- SV Tuned Sports Electronic Air Suspension
- Intelligent Driveline Dynamics
- 21-inch 5 Split-spoke ‘Style 5083’ Wheels with Gloss Dark Grey Finish
*Price shown is Base Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes destination/handling charge ($995 for Range Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport, $1,025 for Discovery and Range Rover Velar, $1,295 for Range Rover and Range Rover Sport), tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Total Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price includes destination/handling charge noted above and may include optional equipment but excludes tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for details.