2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport Model Review
- Starting at $37,800 MSRP*
- Choice of 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 246 or 286 horsepower and nine-speed automatic transmission
- All-Wheel Drive with All Terrain Progress Control (ATPC)
- 10-inch Touch Pro™ touchscreen infotainment system
- Emergency Braking and Lane Keep Assist
- Two-zone Climate Control with second-row vents
- Ebony interior and leather steering wheel
- Available 12.3-inch Interactive Driver Display
About the Land Rover Discovery Sport
If you combine attractive design with robust performance, reliable off-road capability, and a luxurious interior, what you get is the 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport. This rugged and appealing vehicle features standard All-Wheel Drive paired with your choice of two 2.0L turbocharged engines – one with 246 horsepower and the other featuring 286 horsepower– can reach any destination, no matter what surface stands in the way. Inside, you’ll find a standard ebony interior, a leather steering wheel, and a dashboard packed full of technology features – such as a 10-inch Touch Pro™ infotainment system, two-zone climate control, and an available Interactive Driver Display.
This interior offers maximum versatility of your interior space – sporting 5-passenger seating and a maximum cargo capacity of 55 cubic feet. Still, need more space? That’s why Land Rover’s adaptable Discovery Sport can add optional third-row seating to hold a total of 7 passengers comfortably without compromising cargo space. Did we also mention the special R-Dynamic trim series offers a sportier design and exterior, along with additional interior features? Thanks to so many trims, options, and features, you can find the Discovery Sport that best fits your style and/or needs.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2020
Land Rover granted the Discovery Sport with a new exterior design and a mild hybrid engine to extend fuel efficiency. A new interior with a nicer trim and the 12.3-inch digital driver display makes for a more intuitive driving experience. Two new driver-assistance technologies also join this model lineup: ClearSight Ground View camera system and ClearSight Rear View inside camera mirror. These technologies give a more vivid view of where your vehicle is concerning other objects on the road when parking or driving. Wireless charging and a new 4G Wi-Fi hotspot also have become available on the Discovery Sport.
2020 Discovery Sport Features
A 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine under the Discovery Sport’s hood delivers 246 horsepower and 269 lb-ft. of torque while touting a towing capacity of 4,409 pounds. Found on the R-Dynamic HSE trim, a mild hybrid engine variant offers 286 horsepower and 295 lb-ft. of torque with more power as well as greater fuel efficiency. All-Wheel Drive and a nine-speed transmission come standard on every trim, giving the best performance on difficult surfaces and challenging inclines. Additional equipment such as the Torque Vectoring System, Terrain Response® System, and Adaptive Dynamics – each make precise tweaks to the suspension, braking, and other performance elements when off-roading for optimal control.
Impeccable Safety and Technology
This SUVs vast array of technologies make it irresistible inside and out, from convenience features to next-generation driver-assistance technologies. The Land Rover InControl® Touch Pro™ infotainment system lets you stay in total control of various services available on a 10-inch touchscreen display. Thanks to InControl® Apps™, you can use an available smartphone integration to control both apps on your phone and in your Discovery Sport. An available 12.3-inch Interactive Driver Display behind the wheel gives you easy access to media, driving information and other features while keeping the road in your line of sight.
Driver Assistance technology also works as an additional line of defense in keeping you and your passengers safe with features like emergency braking, lane assist, driver condition monitor, and cruise control with speed limiter – all coming as standard equipment. An available 360-degree Surround Camera uses ClearSight Ground View along with Intersection and Curb View technology for a full third-person view of your vehicle position from multiple angles. With technologies like these, it’s like having an extra pair of eyes when you need them most.
Contrasting with its rugged off-roading capabilities and exterior design, the Discovery Sport’s interior has a different spirit altogether. This lush interior comes with inviting designs made from premium materials insuring it feels as good as it looks. Available heated and cooled seats and two-zone climate control available in both first and second row lets every occupant have their own individual interior experience. Additional comforts available on the Discovery Sport include a fixed panoramic sunroof to give a brighter and higher interior space, a wireless charging pad located on the center console, and Configurable Ambient Lighting all add function and style when you’re on the road.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $37,800 MSRP*
- 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 246 horsepower and nine-speed automatic transmission
- Ebony fabric seats with Ebony interior
- 10-inch Touch Pro™ infotainment system
- 18-inch Style 5075, 5 split-spoke, Gloss Sparkle Silver wheels
- Maximum cargo volume of 55.6 cubic feet
Discovery Sport S
- Starting at $41,500 MSRP*
- 12-way electric front seats with 2-way manual headrests
- Ebony grained leather seats with Ebony interior
- Connected Navigation Pro
- Smartphone integration with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®
- InControl® Portal for online media
Discovery Sport SE
- Starting at $44,600 MSRP*
- 19-inch Style 1039, 10 spoke, Gloss Sparkle Silver wheels
- Premium LED Headlights with signature DRL
- 12.3-inch Interactive Driver Display
- Blind Spot Assist
- 4,409-lb Towing Capacity
Discovery Sport R-Dynamic S
- Starting at $43,100 MSRP*
- Ebony grained leather seating with Mars Red stitching
- Standard leather steering wheel with Atlas bezel
- 18-inch Style 5074 split-spoke Gloss Sparkle Wheels
- Available fixed panoramic roof
- Metal treadplates with R-Dynamic branding
Discovery Sport R-Dynamic SE
- Starting at $46,150 MSRP*
- 19-inch Style 1039, 10 spoke, Satin Dark Grey wheels
- Head-Up Display
- Fixed Panoramic Roof
- Cruise Control and Speed limiter
- Configurable Dynamics
Discovery Sport R-Dynamic HSE
- Starting at $52,800 MSRP*
- 2.0L 4-cylinder turbocharged engine with 286 horsepower and smart regenerative charging
- 20-inch Style 5089, 5 split-spoke, Gloss Silver wheels
- ClearSight interior rear-view mirror
- Meridian™ Sound System
- 14-way electric memory front seats with 2-way manual headrests
*Price shown is Base Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes destination/handling charge ($995 for Range Rover Evoque and Discovery Sport, $1,025 for Defender, Discovery and Range Rover Velar, $1,295 for Range Rover and Range Rover Sport), tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Total Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price includes destination/handling charge noted above and may include optional equipment but excludes tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for details.