Land Rover Battery Replacement
While it’s certainly true that there are many essential components on your Land Rover vehicle, one of the most critical is also one of the most commonly forgotten about. Your headlights, power seats, audio system, and exterior mirrors are only a few examples of important features of your vehicle which depend on your battery for power. Land Rover Easton has assembled this helpful guide which provides you with useful tips for caring for and extending the life of your battery. Should your battery need some attention, our team of factory-trained technicians is standing by to give your Land Rover the care it needs.
Battery Maintenance Tips
- Locate and inspect the date code listed on your battery. This code starts with a digit and a letter; 17 would indicate 2017 and is followed by a number denoting the month A being January, B being February, and so on. The older your battery is, the greater odds that it might need to be replaced.
- Make sure to turn off the radio, headlights, and interior lights when not in use. Leaving them off helps prevent excessive battery drain and extend the lifespan of the battery.
- Look for and remove corrosion around battery terminal posts (+/-). Corrosion buildup can be a symptom of a dying or weakening battery.
- Tighten any loose clamps or cables around battery terminals.
- Take into consideration the climate that you live in. Higher temperature climates have a more severe impact on battery life than colder climates do.
Signs and Symptoms of a Dying Battery
- Slow or delayed cranking when you start your vehicle.
- Excessive corrosion buildup around battery terminal posts.
- Dimming of interior or exterior lights during normal operation.
- Check Battery dashboard indicator light or warning appears on your dashboard.
Why Buy Car Batteries at Land Rover Easton
Complimentary Battery Test and Inspection
If your battery has been giving you trouble, we recommend that you visit our Service Center and get your battery inspected at no cost to you. Our staff of factory-trained Land Rover technicians can perform a battery test, remove any corrosion from battery terminals, install a replacement battery, and properly recycle your old battery.
Genuine Land Rover Parts and Certified Service Technicians
Your Land Rover was engineered to operate with a specific battery type. Land Rover Easton carries an extensive selection of Genuine Land Rover batteries which are designed to the exact specifications of your vehicle. Certified technicians will install your battery using specialized tools, parts, and diagnostic equipment. Enjoy peace of mind and drive with complete confidence from the knowledge that your Land Rover will continue to deliver years of reliable performance.